The IBC module is ideal for researchers and committees responsible for ensuring that research involving rDNA and biological agents remains compliant with NIH guidelines. As part of the most complete research software package on the market, our IBC software is perfect for use in private, public, and government research institutions. The module enables the research team to submit its regulatory forms electronically to the IBC review board where the board triages and processes the submission, and reviews for ethical and regulatory accuracy. Any issues that are found during the review process are sent back for corrections to the research team. This process continues until the submission is approved.
The system is built on best practice form sets that have been developed in collaboration with large and small institutions. These forms can be used out of the box to save configuration time; or they can be tailored to institutions requirements. Our Form Designer allows for smart form development that include functions for show/hide of sections and questions, questions validations, branching logic to skip sections and questions that are not applicable, Online Help Text, and PDF print friendly to merge web forms direct to PDF. These functions streamline the process to aid the research team in filling out forms for submission, creating quality submissions for the IBC to review.
The system, in conjunction with the Form Designer, has a one-of-a-kind tool for creating workflows. The Workflow Designer tool allows for customizing the routing processes that are specific to your institution’s requirements. Workflow functions include the ability to use answers from questions on the forms to route the submission down directed paths for review. For instance, if the protocol application indicates that radiation is involved in the review, the system can be routed to a radiation safety board to incorporate other research oversite processes that exist outside of the IBC review process. The IBC module can be used as a standalone module or integrated into a suite of complementary modules such as RSB, IACUC, IRB, COI, etc.
- Merge comments, recommendations, and stipulations into meeting minutes
- Review meetings, set timelines, and create agendas
- Send and receive external and internal notifications and messages through email and iRIS IBC software, making it simple to stay on top of assignments
- Simultaneously coordinate with multiple committees
- Conduct simultaneous reviews by different review boards, cutting down review time.
- Easily submit applications and other protocol documents electronically to the IBC
- Review all protocol documents online and record comments, make recommendations, provide stipulations, and prepare outcome letters electronically
- Logically guide users through form sections based on responses